Sleep deprivation can lead to various diseases of the cardiovascular system, endocrine system, and cancer. The amount and quality of sleep you get determines the status of your health. That is why much thought is being directed towards the perfect conditions for achieving restful sleep.
Temperature-appropriate bed covers and sheets, window blinds or curtains and adequate air moisture are just a few of these conditions, but we’re going to focus on what you should wear to bed. Or rather, what you shouldn’t wear. So, here’s the rundown on why sleeping naked can increase the quality of your slumber.
- Sleeping naked, in a dark room, at average room temperature, is responsible for the stimulation of the sleep hormone called melatonin. Melatonin is a very important hormone because it coordinates many aspects of the bodily functions.
- Sleeping without clothes helps the body regulate its temperature.
READ MORE: If you have these 4 signs stop dyeing your hair
- For couples, sleeping together naked helps create a bond and a feeling of trust. Sleeping without clothes also strengthens the relationship and creates a lively atmosphere between partners. While sleeping naked, a hormone called oxytocin, also named “the bond hormone”, is released, creating a feeling of happiness and belonging in humans.
- Sleeping without clothes helps the body regulate cortisol, which is a stress hormone. It also contributes to eliminating the side effects of cortisol, which include constant hunger and weight gain.
- Sleeping without clothes helps you sleep better and enhances the general wellbeing of your body. The sensation of the bed sheets on your skin and the ease with which you can twist and turn in bed make for a relaxing and deeply restful night.
- It improves circulation of blood to the skin. It also allows for proper aeration and perspiration at skin level, two very important functions without which we wouldn’t feel comfortable.
- Sleeping without clothes aids in the formation of sperm in men and reduces susceptibility to infections from yeasts and other temperature related infections.
- Sleeping naked contributes to a quality sleep, which can help manage stress.
READ MORE: Ladies do you know the purpose of the pocket in your underwear is?
The BetterMe Team wants you and those close to you to live a healthy, happy life! Your health is a valuable thing; look after your body and your mind so that you can live your life to the fullest – Remember you only get one!
Please share this with your friends and family and let us know what you think in the comments below.